- English as a subject at Undergraduate Level started from 1913
- Post Graduate Teaching in English began in 2016
- S.B.Women’s College is the only Women’s College in the State that is offering
- P.G. Degree in English
- Smt. Snigdha Sinha, M.A., Reader, Head of Department
- Dr. Saroj Kumar Padhi, M.Phil., Ph.D., Reader
- Dr. Chandan Das, M.Phil., Ph.D., Reader
- Dr. Dipti Panda, M.A., B.Ed., LL.B., Ph.D, Lecturer
Honours in English Literature studies was introduced by Prof. (Mrs.) Pravat Nalini Dash the then HOD of the department.
- Lecture Halls – 02
- Seminar Library Room – 01
- Staff Room – 01
- Toilet facility available.
- Internet facility – Wi-fi
- Computer Systems – 03 (Language Laboratory)
- One Language Laboratory with sitting facility for 24 students and LCD Projector
- Aqua Guard – 01
- Question Bank
- Weekly Departmental Seminars (On Wednesdays)
- Publication of Department Bulletin every academic session
- Publication of Wall Magazine (Bi-monthly)
- Annual Day Celebration of the Dept. with Cultural Activity
- Short-term course in Communication Skill in English
The Department conducts Creative Writing Competitions to allow the students to exhibit their literary talent. Their best writings are periodically displayed on the departmental Wall magazine “SYMPHONY”.
Spoken English Training is given to the students in the Language Laboratory of the Department to enhance their communication skills.
Short Term Course in Communication Skill in English is conducted every Sunday.
Big thinking precedes